12th May 2013
Post reblogged from FYTortall with 45 notes
Mithros, Mynoss, and Shakith! Almost NO ONE I follow posts anything about her and I just really need a fix ok?
Reblog and I’ll check you out!
Follow backs are more than welcome, but totally not necessary! I blog some weird stuff sometimes, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
5th May 2013
Post reblogged from The 3D Imax of My Mind with 55,465 notes
I WANT EVERY SINGLE FEMALE WHOVIAN TO REBLOG THIS TO SHOW MY MOM THAT DOCTOR WHO IS FOR GIRLS AND BOYS.
C’mon! Let’s show her the power of the female Whovians!!! :D
5th May 2013
Chat reblogged from FYTortall with 19 notes
Tamora Pierce book web shows~!
- I was idly reading the website FAQ for an author im a big fan of by the name of Tamora Pierce http: //www.tamora-pierce.com/ which had some amusing questions on it. XD
- Particularly, her responses regarding fanfics and movie deals. Reading them, a goofy little idea popped into my mind thanks to watching far to many fan films on Youtube. XD
- What if a bunch of rabid fans for Tamora Pierce fans got together and attempted to make some sorta fan film recreation of some of her books. Or even were to attempt a sorta web show based on the idea. XD
- A pretty wild and crazy idea I know but it just popped into my head and I wanted to share the thought with peoples. ^^
- I mean, theres at least a few million fans of her works, Shes got editions in various languages all over the world and I don't think there is a particular age limit to her fanbase...
- It would just take getting permission from Tamora Pierce herself, Put together a band of talented folks actually willing to attempt such a crazy project, perhaps do a kickstarter to the effect of raising money for the endeavor, get a cast and some apropriate props and costumes and voila! An endeavor to wow the world!
- Nooo idea whatsoever how the first step of asking Tamora for permission would go over
- but given the large fanbase her stories have theres bound to be people with the talent and interest to attempt such a crazy idea.
- As for kickstarter...Well admittedly alot of the inspiration for this idea comes from knowing of fanfilms that succeeded in this endevor. A street fighter film and a mario brothers series both funded by fans and made by fans who wanted to see it happen.
- As for props and such...It might be a little harder though between cosplayers and present day blacksmiths and Renaissance fairs and horse ranch's, it is still possible. (Especially if by some off chance there is a tamora pierce fan who happens to have some horsies to loan XD )
- The whole idea is pretty hypothetical really and I would hardly be able to offer much more than a donation if someone was to ever really attempt this but I think it could be totally viable if there was a group of people with the time and effort to really make it happen. ^^
- The question is though, if it was to happen, which book would it be?
- All of Tamora's works are series so the end result would either be multiple movies or multiple series seasons to make it work...
- The Trickster duolegy is the shortest of her works in terms of number of books and possibly even page count though things like the bird people and the immortals who appeared in the story would be hard to really translate well to a fan project where budget would have to be watched. Also, it relies pretty heavily on events from the lioness quartet and some from Immortal which might make it a mite odd to start there.
- There is the Terrier trilogy which wouldn't need as much in terms of special effects beyond the dust devils and it has the sort of plot that would grab even people who were not big fans of Pierce's work and make them take interest.
- The only problem with that one would be that it would also quite probably be te most complicated and difficult in terms of film set as much of the scenes in those books were city settings which are probably difficult to mannage with any sense of properness.
- The Immortal quartet would probably break a budget and would be utterly impossible with the special effects required and i cannot see it really happening in live action at least until later on in this mad schemes endevor when its been proven grand enough to raise more money from fans, enough to handle such a difficult story with all of its happenings...
- Or the protector of the small quartet which is a very good story though between the war and the battles against immortals, it would also be kinda difficult to pull off if its entire budget stems from fan donations ^^;
- and im just going to put aside the circle opens and the two following books since they really wouldnt work unless the story proper was told in order. ^^;
- So that leaves:
- The Lioness quartet. It is (as far as I know) her first literary endeavor and in alot of ways it would be perfect for a fan attempt. Special effects wise it needs very little, nearly all of the scenes take place either indoors or out in the wilderness, there are far fewer needed proper and there were not very many characters in that book comparatively so it would be pretty easy to do (again, compared to her other books)
- Also, it is tecnically the first books set in the tortall universe and does a good job of setting into it.
- Or The Circle of Magic Quartet. A pretty good collection of books and my personal favorites. I personally think it would be brilliant if translated to fanfilm and it is relativly low in terms of necesary special effects (The only real challenges that come to mind are the pirate fleet in the second book and the wild fire in the third...)
- This set does have its difficulties though ^^;
- 1. The circle of magic books were VERY specific in terms of props and setting requiring some pretty exact specifications. Im not exactly certain on how difficult things like costumes and furnishing would be but I suspect it would be rather tricky.
- 2. Locations might be a mite tricky though not overly much. The only real hurdle is somehow working out something that could work out as Winding Circle temple where the stories heavily stick to in any case.
- 3. In some ways this book was the heaviest in terms of necessary acting ability so whatever actors worked out would need to be able to tackle some pretty tricky roles.
- But if it could come together...It would be pretty awesome.
- Welp ive babbled overmuch about this wild and crazy idea overmuch XD Though if it gives anyone ideas and it inspires some crazy kids to actually make something happen...8D
- FYTortall: Well the first question is: does Tammy own the rights, or does the publisher? Because that would be a bit more extensive. Also, these things ARE SUPER expensive, especially with the CGI you'd need for the magic, stunt doubles for the fighting, period clothing and props, weapons training, etc. Not to mention the actors, director, and crew. I honestly don't see how that's possible with these stories. The reason LBD worked so well was because they were able to film is as a vlog-style, where everything happened sitting in front of the camera or told via story time/costume theater. Sorry... I don't mean to sound so negative :(
4th May 2013
Photo reblogged from The 3D Imax of My Mind with 52 notes
Tamora Pierce fancast
Nawat Crow played by Ben Barnes, the Daughter of the Lioness/Trickster series
Nawat grinned. “I was helping to steal soldiers who couldn’t keep up.”
“What do you do with them?” she asked, curious. “I haven’t heard of bodies being found.”
“Nor will you,” Nawat informed her, sitting on a corner of the worktable. “They were still alive when we gave them to my warriors at the edge of the jungle.”
I can see that
4th May 2013
Photo reblogged from The 3D Imax of My Mind with 85 notes
If you are a member of the jedi order i know your day is planned and full of things to do if you aren’t hope you get a chance to enjoy the holiday! may the force be with u always!
4th May 2013
Photoset reblogged from The 3D Imax of My Mind with 409,134 notes
One of the BEST ad campaigns about representation I have seen.
Everyone has a backbone. Use yours.
27th April 2013
Photoset reblogged from LSE with 1,542 notes
Does that answer your question?
27th April 2013
Photoset reblogged from The 3D Imax of My Mind with 80,924 notes
Robert Downey Jr., on having confidence in yourself (x).